allMods installer (Installer) is a Windows application, that can be used as Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum (EECH) game launcher and mods installer.
Why it may be useful
Installer provides several useful features for the players:
- possible to add up to three different EECH versions and start each of them in one click
- display list of available mods with statuses – compatible with current EECH version or not, update available for installed mod, incompatible mods selected for installation
- detailed description and images available right in the Installer window (no videos or comments yet)
- multilingual interface in plans; obviously not all content (like mods descriptions) will be translated, but at least here will be no language barriers for Installer and Website UI, manuals
- test updates appear only if related option selected in settings
- continuous installation process – Installer will get and unpack files of selected mods automatically, in proper order respecting dependencies
- EXE and GWUT files can be selected before game launch
- Quick access buttons for Installer data folder, selected game folder, EECH.INI
- Installer executable self-update
- news feed
Why it may be helpful for mod authors:
- easy to sign up, no pre-moderation
- possible to store all versions of same mod in one place
- tools for custom page design
- reliable images and files storage
- you’ll be able to release mods in your local language
- question-answer form
- possible to notify players about new mod, release, version relisting
- possible to release add-on for previous version of same mod, or for completely different mod
- flexible engine that easy to adjust on request
For installation process Internet connection is required, also .NET4.6.0 has to be installed in operating system, but usually it’s already available in modern Windows systems.
You have to give Administrator permissions to this program because:
- It manipulates with files (download archive on your disc, unpack it into selected directory, store *.INI configs files in game directory and \Users\[CURRENT USER]\AppData\Roaming\EECH allMods\, change content of EECH.INI file)
- It changes register value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Razorworks \ Comanche Hokum \ INSTALLATION PATH
Program developed by EECH Dev team, still EXE file checking for malicious scripts by Google Drive service continuously.
Up to 3 different EECH installations can be configured, each of them has separate list of installed mods and predefined EXE/GWUT files values.
Each game has two configurable fields:
- Custom title, you can change it anytime
- Version number, normally generated automatically. EECH version 1.11.0 (GOG) and prior (CD) appear as Original. Be careful with changing this option – with wrong value, version compatibility system will not work correctly.
And below three configurable global options:
- Enabled Skip this page on next load means that Updates page will be loaded by default on next program launch. You still can access Settings page by clicking on relative menu item.
- With enabled Allow test updates option, mods that not released yet will be available for installation. Be sure that you know game well enough to participate in testing.
- With Store archives on local drive enabled program will not remove downloaded archives from your local drive after installation is completed. In this case you can re-install previously downloaded package quickly, but only if it was not updated since last time. It may be helpful if you are experimenting with mods often and making testing environment for that.
- Folder icon next to last checkbox will open [USER]\AppData\Roaming\EECH allMods folder where installer config file and downloaded archives are stored.
In left section all available mods will be listed, including updates for Installer and packages. You can see status icons next to the name:
Not compatible with current EECH version
Conflict with another installed or selected mod; dependency not met
On far right to the title you can see lock icons:
This mod not compatible with current version or already installed. But if you click on the icon, it will become available. This way you can re-install some mod, or ignore versions conflict.
This mod available for installation. But if you have it installed (manually or by allMods package before installer usage), you can click on the icon and this mod will become checked and unavailable. For example, if you are starting installer for the first time and have EECH 1.16.0 version already installed, you need to click on this icon next to allMods package 1.16.0 to make version control system work properly.
You can click on mod title and it’s detailed description will appear in right section. If title in slightly gray color – it has no additional information.
After you have finished with selecting mods, press Update button and check information that appear in right section. If you see some warnings – try to disable mods, that has conflicts, or add required mods in case of missing dependency. You can ignore such warnings if you are sure that it will work on your set up. After Confirm button press installation will be started. Each selected mod will be downloaded and unpacked one by one, after installation finish – list of available mods will be refreshed with new statuses.
The Latest posts are listed here, same as on News page of the website.
allMods installer v0.9.5
- Fatal error on attempt to edit EECH.INI that does not exist fixed
- Multilingual mods IDs synchronized (stored archives no longer valid)
- missing UI translation
- fatal error on first launch fixed
- wrong game status label on application restart
- multiple UI languages support
- Russian UI translation
- EECH ingame language selector (this feature changing registry value, which affect all games even if it launched manually)
- Missing registry value error fixed
Initial version functionality:
- \Users\[CURRENT_USER]\AppData\Roaming\EECH allMods\launcherSettings.ini file read after launch, or created if not exists
- launcherSettings.ini contain Installer settings (three checkboxes and launched version number), and settings for each game separately: directory, version, title, EXE and GWUT files to be used on next launch.
- if no game selected (on first launch for example), script will read “Software\Razorworks\Comanche Hokum – INSTALLATION PATH” registry value and auto populate currently installed game, if it exists.
- Settings screen appear, if Skip Settings option was not selected
- clicking on one of the Game Areas with label “Select Game folder” will open files dialog; after game directory (which contain “cohokum” and “common” folders) will be found – it should be selected
- if not \cohokum\COHOKUM.EXE file exists, game selection will ends with error
- script will read version label of COHOKUM.EXE in selected folder. if you have some test version installed, which uses filename in format like COHOKUM1161.EXE, it will be not parsed – in this case you need to set version value manually
- game directory, version and title stored in launcherSettings.ini
- label of selected Game Area changing to Check for updates, Remove icon appear
- clicking on Game Area with label Check for updates will open Updates page
- current game version and Installer settings stored in launcherSettings.ini
- registry value “Software\Razorworks\Comanche Hokum – INSTALLATION PATH” replaced with path of selected game
- if not exists (how is that?), it will be created
- if no Administrator permission was given to application, or any other error happen – multiple game selection feature does not work
- installedMods.ini file inside of game folder is loaded, created if not exists
- if selected EECH version is not in the installed mods list, it will be added
- script search for EXE and GWUT files inside of \cohokum\ folder and list them in related dropdown fields
- available mods list loaded from the server, if Allow test updates disabled – all test versions will be ignored
- allMods installer always appear as first item in the list, and it always presented as single available version
- allMods pack version appear as second item
- other mods appear in alphabetical order
- each version may have several status icons, like: already installed, update available, not compatible with current or selected EECH version, conflict with another mod detected, dependency not met
- each mod has Lock icon to the right – green lock will mark this mod as installed, red – make it available for installation (status icon may still appear)
- white title can be clicked to get detailed information about this mod, unlike gray title
- on detailed description screen appear: featured picture (if no gallery images provided), gallery images, author name, amount of comments, amount of downloads (total downloads of mod, or only selected version), description (main content for main mod, or version description for update), link to comments (if exists), link to videos (is videos provided)
- after at least one mod selected, Update button became active
- on Update button click, list of selected mods appear on right section, in same order as they will be installed (respecting dependencies)
- if mod has empty both Cloud or Fileserver links, it will appear in list of unavailable mods
- any conflicts will be highlighted below; it’s recommended to install conflicting mods separately, but not required
- to proceed, Confirm button should be clicked
- if Store archives on local drive is selected, requested file actually exists on the drive, and this mod not installed or installed but not outdated, download process will be skipped
- if local file size match size of the file on the server, extracting will be started; otherwise – user prompt will appear, on press Yes file will be pulled from server, No – local copy used anyway
- first download attempt will be made using Cloud link (Google Drive), if it presented; because of the way, how download process happen in Google (user should confirm download of large file), HTML document will be pulled first, only then – main file (progress bar will be triggered twice as well)
- if Cloud link did not return requested file after two attempts, Fileserver link will be used
- download can be canceled
- on download complete, extracting process starting
- extracting can’t be canceled
- files always excluded: cohokum\eech.ini, \cohokum\game.cfg
- files excluded in allMods test versions and further: \cohokum\cohokum.exe, \cohokum\debug.exe
- files excluded in other mods (both release and test): \cohokum\gwut[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].csv, \cohokum\cohokum[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].exe, \cohokum\debug[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].exe; i.e. cohokumXXXX.exe like name is reserved for allMods test updates
- after extraction complete, mod will be marked as Installed (both in UI and launcherSettings.ini)
- if allMods pack was installed: current game version number will be updated, current EXE file set to new one (COHOKUM.EXE or COHOKUMXXXX.EXE depends on release type), GWUT file set to GWUTXXXX.CSV
- if Store archives on local drive is not selected – archive will be removed from temp folder
- if any mods left in list – downloaded started for next one
- if no mods to be installed left – Play button became active, EXE and GWUT list being updated, mods list downloaded from the server and list of mods generated again
- in case of launcher self update – after successful download, current allMods.exe file will be renamed to allMods.exe.BAK, new allMods.exe extracted in same folder, archive deleted, allMods.exe process started, current application closed; on next run, allMods.exe.BAK will be removed as well
- after clicking News section list of latest posts will be loaded